Monday, January 27, 2014

My little night time wanderer

Since moving into our new townhouse last summer, my husband and I have been having quite the time getting our 2 1/2 year old to stay in his bed.  He shares his bedroom with his older brother and I thought this would be such an exciting thing for them and they would love hanging out and talking with each other until they fell asleep, but not so much.  My 4 year is usually out in about 10 minutes and then it's 2 year old toddler on the loose!  This is not only a problem because I need him to get an adequate amount of sleep, but this is also cutting into my very limited "me" time.  After along day at work and spending the next few hours getting dinner, bathing and hanging out with my three boys, I am usually in need of some down time for myself.  I find myself policing the door, watching for any little eyes, nose or fingers trying to peek their way through the crack from the door way.  I try to remember that consistency is the key, and not give into his boyish grin.  What's this mommy to do?  It's a nightly exercise, but it definitely keeps me on my toes. :)

My son on the lookout. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment